Saturday 9 February 2013

paintings and pots

Hello, sorry it's been such a long time since I posted! i do have an excuse, sorry meant 'reason'! I've made quite a bit of work recently, but quite a bit of it has been damaged by the freezing conditions. The sub zero temperatures arrived before the pottery had dried and unfortunately a lot of it split as the water in the clay froze. I did manage to salvage about half of the work which I'm due to glaze fire tomorrow. I'll bring it into the house in future!
I've also been doing some painting recently. Just quick still life studies in oil. I've been doing these mainly to get some confidence in the media, as I've not really done that many oil paintings before.
Tomorrow I fire the first glaze firing of 2013. Pictures to follow...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment