Thursday 15 May 2014

Still here!

Hello, sorry for the long absence. It's so easy to get bogged down in daily life that blogging gets neglected. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't disappeared and I am still making my pots.
Christmas was a good opportunity for Jenny to sell lots of her decorations. However, despite being more prepared than the previous year I still think that we need to start getting ready for this earlier in the year. I reckon we need to have stock in place by the middle of October and then spend the following 2 months marketing it.
I terms of my pots I've tried to take my work in a new direction. I seem to go through the routine of trying new clays, decorative techniques, glazes etc only to be disappointed when I open the kiln. Of course all this experimentation is incredibly time consuming as well as costly. It can be very frustrating to feel as though you're never making progress. However, each one of these disapointments yeilds a small lesson and I now feel like all these small lessons have begun to add up. I'm beginning to feel more in control of what I do and as a result I can plan my work with a greater degree of control over the final outcome. That's not to say that there wasn't some disappointment when I last opened the kiln, but rather there was more success, or at least, results that I'd aimed for.
Let's see if I can continue to capitalise on these successes.




No comments:

Post a Comment